Chopped Chicken Salad
Chicken and fresh vegetables make this a refreshing and easy recipe. It works great as a lunch or a dinner and keeps for a couple of days for an easy lunch the next day. As an option you can use left over chicken or grocery store roasted chicken if you are in a pinch.
- 2 cups cooked Chicken breast, chopped to bite sized pieces
- 6 cups chopped cabbage (you can use coleslaw mix from the produce section also)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced very small
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, minced finely
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- In a blender combine: sesame seeds, EVOO, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, honey, ginger and sesame oil.
- Blend until combined.
- Toss remaining ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss.
- Let sit for a couple of minutes to marinate before serving.