Instant Pot Minestrone Soup
This is such an easy recipe! Vegetarian is how we made it but you could easily add in some beef if you liked. Made with the Instant Pot, this recipe uses pantry staples and only takes a few minutes to prepare and a few minutes to cook. Start to finish you could be under 20 minutes and dinner would be on the table.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large white onion diced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 2 large kale leaves, de-ribbed and torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) vegetable broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced stewed tomatoes with basil
- 1 cup re-hydrated kidney beans
- 2/3 cup dried small pasta
- On saute mode, pour olive oil into your Instant Pot.
- Add onions and cook until they just start to soften.
- Add carrots and continue to cook until onions are just started to slightly brown.
- Turn off saute mode (cancel button).
- Add in kale, parsley, broth, tomatoes, kidney beans and pasta.
- Add a little salt and pepper (to taste) You can also add more later if needed.
- Cover your Instant Pot.
- Set to manual mode, high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once the cooking cycle is completed, allow to sit undisturbed for at least 5 minutes.
- Release stem to allow for safe removal of the lid.
- Stir and add salt and pepper if needed.