Spaghetti Squash Carbonara
Getting the family to eat spaghetti squash instead of pasta can be quite the challenge. (To save time you could easily cook the spaghetti squash in the Instant Pot to make this a super quick meal. ) This recipe did the trick! Put a little bacon and cheese in it and they were asking for seconds. Mom wins!
- 1 large whole spaghetti squash
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled with some of the grease left in the pan
- 2 whole eggs
- Extra parm for topping
- 1/2 cup parsley
- Start by cleaning your squash, cutting it in half, de-seeding and baking in a 400°F oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Using a fork, make the strings of the spaghetti by scraping the sides down. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook your bacon, reserving some of the grease in the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add the garlic, heating only until you can smell it cooking.
- In a small bowl combine eggs, parm and salt and pepper, set aside.
- Add in the cooked spaghetti squash to the skillet.
- Add in the bacon, crumbling it into the skillet.
- Turn up the heat to get the mixture to a very warm temperature.
- Once the squash is steaming, turn off the heat.
- Stirring quickly add in the egg/ parm mixture.
- Continue to stir until the egg is thoroughly distributed throughout the squash (it will cook from the heat of the pan and not squash).
- Add in a little more parm (as much as you like) and the parsley.
- Give it a good stir and you are ready to serve.