Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
Perfect for a cold fall or winter day, this easy slow cooker recipe makes really, really good soup. Serve with a warm grilled cheese or other hot sandwich for a easy dinner the whole family will love.
2 cans of diced stewed tomatoes (fire-roasted, plain, whatever kind you like)
1 cup of whole cream
1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- In a slow cooker, add 2 cans of tomatoes
- Add in butter, salt, pepper and basil.
- Cook on low until butter is melted and mixture is very warm.
- With a hand blender, puree the mixture until creamy.
5. Once mixed well, add in your cream.
6. Continue to cook, until warmed. Do not over cook as it may scorch the cream.
7. Serve warm (with a yummy sandwich)