Jump to recipe
Looking for another way to use up all those summer tomatoes? Gazpacho is a cold tomato soup that is really easy to make.
- 1 whole garlic clove
- 3 pounds of very ripe tomatoes
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely minced onion
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbs. vinegar
- Tabasco sauce
- Rub a large bowl with the clove of garlic (this will help season the bowl). Set garlic aside.
- Peel the tomatoes and clean out the seeds. Chop in small pieces. Keep any juices that run off of the tomatoes. Add the tomatoes and and juiced you have gathered to the bowl with the garlic. Add the garlic and cucumbers to the bowl. Add the tomato juice, olive oil and vinegar.
- Add salt, pepper and tabasco to taste.
- **Optional step to put mixture in a large blender and blend until smooth.
- Chill for several hours before serving. (Serve with an ice cube to keep the gazpacho extra cold.)