When I was a kid, this was one of my favorite dinners. As an adult it is definitely one of my go-to comfort foods. This recipe is very easy to follow and can easily be doubled or tripled for a larger crowd.
1 lb ground beef (you can also use ground turkey if desired)
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 can corn (optional)
1 small can tomato paste
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon Italian herb seasonings
Ground black pepper, to taste
1 8 oz bag rotini , cooked and drained (reserve some of the water)
- Prepare your macaroni according to package directions, to just undercooked.
- In a large skillet, brown your hamburger with the bell pepper and onion.
- Drain the excess fat off of the meat.
- Add in tomato paste, ketchup, garlic salt, Italian herbs and black pepper.
- Combine and cook, until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the corn and pasta.
- Gently combine and continue to cook over medium heat until the sauce is the desired thickness (if it gets too thick, use some of the reserved pasta water to thin).
- Remove from heat and serve.