Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
Classic mashed potatoes for a crowd doesn’t have to be a time consuming process when you use an Instant Pot. A few simple ingredients and a few minutes of prep time, you will have a large batch of fluffy mashed potatoes for the whole family.
This recipe is easily doubled with a larger Instant Pot.
- 13 small/ medium potatoes, cleaned & peeled, cut
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 stick of butter, cut up
- 1/2 cup cream (or whole milk)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- (you may substitute garlic salt for salt if you like)
- Prepare your potatoes, cutting them in approximately 1 inch squares. (cutting a small potato in 4 parts or a medium potato in 6 parts)
- Place them in the Instant Pot.
- Pour the 1 cup of chicken broth over the potatoes.
- Seal the Instant Pot and cook on the manual mode for 8 minutes.
- Release the pressure in the Instant Pot and carefully remove the lid.
- Pour the cream (or milk) in.
- Add the cut up butter pieces.
- Using a hand masher (or electric hand beater) mash the potatoes to the desired fluffiness.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.