Tip of the Week: 2 Ingredient Cake
2 Ingredient Cake
This week I want to share with you the easiest, quickest cake recipe- 2 ingredients (well, kinda- you use a box of cake mix). I had heard of a lemon cake like this, but didn’t have the ingredients for lemon cake, so I improvised and it turned out so good. (Bonus that there is no added fat like a traditional cake.)
1 box of chocolate cake mix (any cake mix will work)
1 can of diet soda (any soda will work)
(If you use a lemon lime soda, I would use a white or lemon cake mix. Darker soda for chocolate cake.)
- Preheat oven according to cake mix box directions.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix and whole can of soda.
- Pour in prepared cake pan.
- Bake in oven according to box directions (30 minutes, give or take) Don’t overbake!
- Remove from oven and gently frost with a thin coating of frosting if desired.
- Let cool and eat!