Turkey Pot Pie
Turkey Pot Pie
Pot pie is one of the most comfy of the comfort foods. Easy to prepare using left overs and easy to freeze for a make ahead meal, everyone loves a good pot pie!
2 cups left over turkey (or chicken), diced to bite size pieces
1 cup frozen mixed veggies (whatever you like)
2 cooked potatoes, chopped into bite size pieces
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 onion, diced
2 stalks celery diced
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup turkey stock
salt and pepper, to taste
1 double pie crust (you can buy this in the freezer section OR make one from scratch as shown in the pictures)
- Once all your ingredients have been chopped/ diced, heat medium-large fry pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of butter, onion and celery.
- Saute until translucent.
- Remove vegetables from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Once melted, add the flour (it should know have the consistency of paste)
- While whisking constantly, slowly pour in the turkey stock.
- Continue whisking until it becomes a gravy consistency and then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the meat, potatoes, mixed veggies, gravy, onions and celery.
- Combine gently and set aside.
- Now- it’s time to prepare your crusts. Take your crusts and line your large pie pan or 4 small pans with a layer of the dough.
- Fill with the mixture you made, creating a mound in the middle.
- Top with a 2nd layer of crust, pinch to seal edges and cut a couple of small slits on top for steam to escape.
- Bake at 375℉ for 35-45 minutes until golden brown and thoroughly heated.
- Remove from oven, let rest for 10 minutes and serve hot.