Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Melt in your mouth delicious! Good old fashioned oatmeal raisin cookies are always a hit with family and friends.
These oatmeal cookies are also great to pre-make and freeze for a quick batch of homemade cookies. (Another great cookie for a quick batch is this peanut butter cookie recipe- here.)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream sugar, butter and eggs until fluffy. Add vanilla and remaining dry ingredients. Mix until thoroughly blended. Add in raisins and nuts (if using).
- Scoop dough into 1 inch balls onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until edges are brown and cookies are completely cooked.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a cooling rack.