Black Bean Mexican Rice
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped small
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 1.5 cups rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 can rinsed and drained black beans
- Cilantro, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a pan, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Let cook for 30-40 minutes until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Add in drained and rinsed beans. Cover the pan and allow to sit for a few minutes to heat the beans.
- Top with cilantro if desired.