Hearty vegetable cheese soup that everyone will love on a cozy night in.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Category: Appetizers, Blog, Dinner Tonight, Recipes, Soup, Vegetables
- 4-5 cups potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 cups cubed carrots
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 lbs. Velveeta, cubed
- 1.5 cups chopped celery
- 1 bag frozen chopped broccolli
- 1 Tbs. dry mustard
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- Combine carrots, celery, potatoes, onion and chicken broth in a large pan.
- Cooking over high heat, bring vegetables and broth to a boil. Once boiling reduce heat to low and continue to simmer for 13 minutes. Add in the frozen broccoli and continue to cook for an additional 7 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine milk with 1/2 cup flour. Stir until smooth.
- To the pan, stir in the butter, mustard, pepper, Velveeta and milk mixture.
- Continue to cook over low heat until the cheese melts. Do not allow the soup to boil.