Making granola at home is really easy and it tastes so good. You can customize it the way you want or make subsitions as needed.
10 cups rolled oats (not quick cooking)
4 cups sliced almonds
1 1/4 cups pure maple syrup
1 cup safflower oil
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
4 teaspoons vanilla
1/3 cup peanut or almond butter
1/4 cup honey
2 cups raisins
2 cups dried cranberries
1. Mix oil, syrup, vanilla , peanut butter, honey and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add in oats and nuts and mix until evenly coated.
3. Pour mixture onto a shallow baking pan and bake at 350 degrees until lightly browned, stirring every 10-15 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and set out to cool.
5. Once cooled add raisins and cranberries.
6. Store in airtight container.