Jump to recipe
This is one salad the kids will actually ask for. A quick and easy meal to make on a busy night. For even faster preparation, you could prepare all of the ingredients ahead of time.
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 head Iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 pound ground meat (beef, turkey or meat alternative)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced or sliced into wedges
- 1 bag cheese tortilla chips, crushed
- Salad dressing – ranch or thousand island are both good
- Brown the meat in a skillet over high/ medium heat until fully cooked.
- Drain off any excess fat.
- Add the taco seasoning and 1/4 cup water to the pan.
- Cook for a couple of minutes to allow some of the excess liquid to be absorbed.
- Set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients (except the dressing) in a large bowl and toss. Add in the meat and toss. Dish into bowls and top with your favorite dressing.