- 1 box white cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sliced frozen strawberries with juice, divided in half- 1 cup each
- 3 oz strawberry jell-o
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil, jell-o and mix until smooth. Add in the strawberries until combine, it’s okay if they are larger pieces of strawberries.
- Pour into your baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until a knife comes out clean.
- While your cake is cooling combine the soft butter, powdered sugar and remaining strawberries with juice. Whip until smooth. Pour frosting over warm cake. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Cover and refrigerate any left overs.